232 High Street was purpose built as a general store by William and Emma Kennerley sometime between 1900 and 1902, after purchasing the land in 1880, for £66, 10 shillings, and 6pence, from Lord Delamere, via John Henry Cooke.
The shop (we believe) was then rented out to their son William Jr. Sadly, by 1907 both William Senior and Emma had passed away. They had left the property to William, who ran the store for another 19 years. William Jr later passed 232 High Street onto to his wife Fanny, after his death in 1926. At this point we believe his wife Fanny and her son Albert, took over the running of the store for a further 12 years. [Read more…]